Fats are composed of triglycerides, cholesterol, phospholipids and other lipid compounds. They are necessary for life as they provide energy and help with the absorption of vitamins A, D, E, and K. But it matters what type of fats you consume: there are healthy fats versus unhealthy fats. Healthy fats have a higher ratio of unsaturated fatty acids to saturated fatty acids than unhealthy ones do. So if you want to enjoy the benefits that come from eating fat but don’t want to put your health at risk then make sure to feed your body healthy types like Omega-3s which can be found in things like salmon or walnuts.
What Are the Fats in Nutrition?
Fats are essential for the body to function. They consist of triglycerides, cholesterol, phospholipids, and other lipids. Healthy fats are what you need because they provide energy and help with the absorption of vitamins A D E and K. However, it is what type of fat you eat that matters. Healthy fats have a higher ratio of unsaturated fatty acids to saturated fatty acids than unhealthy ones do. Therefore, if you want to consume healthy fats without compromising your health, make sure you consume foods such as salmon and walnuts, which contain Omega-3s. Find more here at InstAminos, about fats in nutrition’s.
Different Types of Healthy Fats in Nutrition
The 3 types of healthy fats are:
Saturated fat is the staple of any diet. It is found in things like butter, cheese, and animal meat.
Tran’s fat is found in processed foods and artificial products. It increases cholesterol levels, which leads to cardiovascular disease.
This fat is found in avocado, nuts, and fish. It improves cholesterol levels and decreases the risk of cardiovascular disease. This type of fat has two different kind of fat as like:
- Monounsaturated fat: This fat is found in olive oil, poultry, and nuts.
- Polyunsaturated fat: This fatty acid is found in seafood, vegetable oils, and nuts. Two types of fats are :
- Omega-3 fatty acids: This type of fatty acid is found in fish like salmon and mackerel. It reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Omega-6 fatty acids: This type of fatty acid is found in vegetable oils, nuts, and seeds. It increases insulin resistance and worsens diabetes symptoms. Omega-6s also contribute to cancer cell growth.
Ways to Get More Healthy Fats into Your Diet
There are many ways to get healthy fats into your diet:
- Step 01: Add flaxseeds, olive oil, or fish to your diet.
- Step 02: Increase the amount of nuts you eat each day.
- Step 03: Add tuna or salmon into your lunch sandwich.
- Step 04: Pour olive oil onto everything you’re about to cook in a pan-it’s healthy and tastes good!
- Step 05: Cut casseroles and fatty meats out of your diet.
- Step 06: Stay away from fast food!
Fats are healthy for you, but it matters which type of fats you are consuming. Fats are essential for our body to function correctly and are made up of triglycerides, cholesterol, phospholipids, and other lipids. If you want to enjoy all benefits from eating fat without compromising your health then make sure to feed your body with Omega 3s found in things.